Herbal Medicine Products
Herbal remedies can play an important role in the treatment of many conditions, and may provide safer alternatives to many pharmaceutical treatments.
- How do I schedule an initial appointment at Natural Horizons?
Natural Horizons’ highly trained medical and administrative staff is ready to help you. Simply call us to schedule a convenient time for your initial appointment. Our business hours are:
Monday – Friday: 8AM until 5PM
Saturday: 9AM until 12 Noon on most Saturdays
• Toll Free: (877) 292-1571
• Fax: (703) 267-6977
• Email: email@example.com
Here is a quick-reference list of common natural herbal products and a general description of their traditional uses. They are described more fully in the product area of this website.
- Aloe Vera softens and soothes skin
- Cayenne stimulates circulatory and digestive systems, good for rheumatism
- Chamomile aids digestion, a mild sedative, anti inflammatory
- Chasteberry hormone imbalances, endometriosis
- Echinacea wound healing, anti-inflammatory for infections, chronic illness
- Ephedra or Ma-haang for asthma, hayfever
- Feverfew for migraine headaches
- Garlic anti-biotic, anti-fungal, anti-viral, detoxifier, strengthens immune system
- Ginger anti-nausea, stimulates digestion,
- Ginkgo increases peripheral circulation, helps with hearing loss, increases brain circulation for better cognition
- Ginseng relieves stress, antioxidant, liver protector, benefits elderly
- Goldenseal stimulates immune response, antimicrobial, increases digestive juices, eczema
- Hawthorne heart tonic, lowers blood pressure, increases blood flow to heart
- Hops calming, sleep inducing, stimulates appetite
- Licorice anti-inflammatory, lowers viral growth, good for peptic ulcers
- Milk Thistle liver and gallbladder cleanser
- Nettle detoxification, arthritis, hay fever, childhood eczema, diuretic
- Passion Flower mild sedative
- Peppermint digestive disorders
- St. John's Wort anti-inflammatory, increases wound healing, calming response to stress
- Saw Palmetto strengthens male reproductive system, enlarged prostate
- Senna laxative
- Siberian Ginseng decreases toxicity due to cancer drugs
- Valeria Root sleep aid, nervousness, daytime sedative
- Witch Hazel helps bleeding, diarrhea, inflammation, swelling, varicose veins
NOTE: The list above is for informational purposes. If you suffer from any serious or persistent health problem it is important that you seek medical attention.
Purchase Herbs from Home
To purchase the herbs listed above, or for more information about these herbs and their uses, visit the on-line store section of this website, or contact Natural Horizons Wellness Centers at 1-877-292-1571.