Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is the use of near-infrared light to enhance the body’s natural healing processes. The healing potential of Low Intensity Laser Therapy (LILT) extends to a wide range of medical conditions and provides a non-invasive treatment alternative for patients who have not responded to other therapies. Some of the conditions most effectively treated are listed below:
- Are there any side effects to low-intensity laser therapy?To date, there are no known side effects to low-intensity laser therapy. The healing powers of light are all positive and there is no harmful radiation involved. Each individual being treated is thoroughly examined before deciding if low-intensity laser therapy will be helpful to their healing process.
- How do I schedule an initial appointment at Natural Horizons?
Natural Horizons’ highly trained medical and administrative staff is ready to help you. Simply call us to schedule a convenient time for your initial appointment. Our business hours are:
Monday – Friday: 8AM until 5PM
Saturday: 9AM until 12 Noon on most Saturdays
• Toll Free: (877) 292-1571
• Fax: (703) 267-6977
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How will low-intensity laser therapy help target the source of the pain?
Low-intensity laser therapy helps the injured area heal at a faster rate. It does this by stimulating the inured cells in the area to metabolize faster, thereby creating a greater immune response in the injured area. Greater healing response equals faster healing times and complete healing, rather than just controlling symptoms the way pain medication does.
- How can low-intensity laser therapy help with pain?
Low-intensity laser therapy is a non-invasive approach designed to help manage pain by healing the cause of the pain at its source. For example, pain in the leg with tingling and numbness usually stems from the lower back. We would apply LILT to the lower back to “fix” the problem at the source of the injury.
- What conditions and illnesses do you treat?
This is a partial list of the health issues we treat:
• Alzheimer’s Disease
• Back and Neck Pain
• Gastrointestinal Disorders
• Heart Disease
• Heavy Metal Toxicity
• High Blood Pressure
• Hormone Imbalances
• Hypothyroid Infections
• Infections of all types
• Lyme’s Disease
• Multiple Sclerosis (M.S.)
• Orthodontic Issues
• Premenstrual Syndrome (P.M.S.)
• Tooth Pain
• TMJ Pain
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE LASER THERAPY CENTER?
The Laser Therapy Centers at Natural Horizons Wellness Center is dedicated to the elimination of pain and other acute and chronic health issues. Rather than simply focusing on symptoms, the conventional approach to pain management, our laser therapy program uses a low intensity laser of specific wavelengths and power. The laser works at the cellular level to ameliorate pain and restore the cells to their normal functioning state.
WHAT IS LOW INTENSITY LASER THERAPY (LILT)?
Low Intensity Laser Therapy is the use of monochromatic light emission from a low intensity laser diode (250 milliwatts or less), or an array of high intensity super luminous diodes (providing total optical power in the 1000-2000 milliwatt range). The light source is placed in contact with the skin allowing the photon energy to penetrate tissue, where it interacts with various intracellular biomolecules resulting in the restoration of normal cell morphology and function. This also enhances the body’s natural healing processes.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF LOW INTENSITY LASER THERAPY?
The advantages of Low Intensity Laser Therapy are: