Lyme Disease Treatment Virginia
Lyme Disease Treatment in Virginia
Lyme disease, the most common vector-borne illness in the United States, is a multisystem illness usually caused by infection with the spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria.
Lyme disease symptoms attack the body's immune response to the infection.
The disease is transmitted to humans via infected ticks of a certain genetic species.
Lyme Disease Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of Lyme disease vary by disease stage.
Physical findings in patients with early disease are:
- Erythema Migrans (EM) - Rash
- Severe Headaches
- Mild Headaches
- Tender local adenopathy (local, not diffuse)
- Dizziness due to changes in heartbeat
Physical findings in early diagnosis patients:
- Meningitis and associated neck stiffness
- Heart Palpitations
- Shooting Pains which may interfere with sleeping
- Joint, Joint Pain or Back Pain
- Tender adenopathy (regional or generalized)
- Meningismus as a sign of aseptic meningitis
- Cranioneuropathy, especially cranial nerve VII and Bell palsy (peripheral seventh nerve palsy with decreased unilateral function, including the forehead)
Lyme disease can be challenging for doctors to identify or diagnose.
The symptoms of the condition will typically lead doctors to test for Lyme disease, but misdiagnosis is common because the symptoms can mimic other disorders.
Symptoms may include:
- Mental illness
- Chronic pain
- Chronic fatigue
- Multiple sclerosis
- Lou Gehrig's disease
- Attention problems
In patients with late disease, the typical physical finding is arthritis.
Arthritis is located mostly in large joints, especially the knee. Warmth, swelling from effusion and limited range of motion help distinguish arthritis from simple arthralgia.
Dr. Robin-Ann Ridinger treats Lyme disease at Natural Horizons Wellness Centers and focuses on treating the entire body, not just the Lyme disease infection itself.
The approach is to restore overall health with natural Lyme disease treatments.
Our holistic, alternative treatments for Lyme disease have a greater chance of helping our patients take back their health.
At Natural Horizons Wellness Centers, we advocate treating Lyme disease naturally whenever possible. Our alternative treatments include:
- Improving gut health
- Detoxification of heavy metals
- Adding trace minerals to the body
- Strengthening the immune system
- Binding neurotoxins in the gut to avoid reabsorption
- Identifying and eliminating food allergies and intolerances
- Detecting hidden toxins and microbes
- Restoration of damaged organs or tissues
- Antibiotics and Antifungal Treatments
Lyme disease symptoms and the co-infections it causes are complex and challenging to treat.
Natural Lyme disease treatment approaches give patients the best chance at overall health, but it still takes time and work to recover fully.
If you are interested in more information about our Lyme disease treatment options, call us or contact us online today.
We look forward to helping you regain your health and move toward effective recovery.