Sometimes a tooth is damaged but does not need a full replacement. In those cases, a dental crown can help to restore a tooth’s shape, size and overall appearance. Like a cap, a dental crown is cemented in place over a tooth, giving structural support and strength while appearing totally natural. When it comes to dental crowns, DC area patients trust Natural Horizons Wellness Centers for our comprehensive and holistic approach. We treat dental issues as a part of your overall health, giving you a customized treatment plan. Contact our team to learn more about our dental services, and read on to learn more about crowns.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
A dental crown can be the ideal option for a patient with a tooth that has been damaged or weakened. Dental crowns are often a preferred option because they appear natural and blend in seamlessly with your teeth, with similar coloring and shape. They can be customized to match virtually any smile. Patients also benefit from the strength and stability of permanently placed dental crowns, providing the right amount of support to protect the surrounding teeth and give you maximum functionality.
Do I Need a Dental Crown?
If the tooth is damaged but removal isn’t needed, it might benefit you to consider a dental crown. Here are a few examples of when a dental crown would be the best option:
- If the tooth is weak from decay or as a result of injury, a dental crown can help to hold it together and prevent damage.
- If your tooth requires a filling but there isn’t enough tooth left to fully support it, a crown can hold everything firmly in place.
- If the tooth is broken or worn down, a dental crown can keep it intact.
- If you have a dental bridge in place, a crown can help secure it.
- Dental crowns can be used for cosmetic purposes, covering teeth that are discolored or misshapen.
The Natural Horizons Wellness Centers Holistic Approach
Your dental health is just one aspect of your overall well-being, and Natural Horizons Wellness Centers approaches every patient’s needs with that in mind. Our holistic approach takes into account your physical, mental and emotional health so that any issues you experience are addressed in full. We work with each patient to tailor a treatment plan that’s right for you.