IV Vitamin Therapy
Intravenous (IV) therapy is the introduction of substances through a needle directly into the vein. In this way, vitamins, minerals, homeopathics, herbs and other healing substances are exposed to the cells and tissues directly, and delivered in far greater amounts than can be achieved via inhalation, orally or through the skin — and with far greater effect.
Oral intake of vitamins or food delivers only about 10% – 25% of the available nutrients to the cells, while IV, or infusion therapy, delivers 100% of the infused therapy’s nutrients directly to the cells. This is particularly important for people suffering from chronic illness or those with a compromised gastrointestinal system (i.e., lack of enzymes or poor gut lining integrity).
- Combats fatigue
- Fights infection
- Battles heart disease and strokes by removing vessel blockages
- Enhances the immune system
- Helps detoxify the body (heavy metal chelation)
- Boosts nutrition (for people with good or poor gastrointestinal function)
- Helps slow or reverse aging
- Energizes the body and mind by enhancing energy production pathways
After a thorough medical evaluation, your Natural Horizons physician may recommend IV therapy as an important component of your individualized treatment plan. Patients who have difficulty absorbing nutrients or who suffer from chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, immune deficiencies and other chronic conditions may be good candidates for this therapy. Acute infection, illness or injury may also be indications for this treatment.