Many types of massage are available to relax muscle tension, stretch the muscles to their normal length and improve muscle flexibility. Massage is also used to flush the chemical and metabolic wastes that accumulate in the muscles.
Types of therapeutic massage and related bodywork include:
- Swedish massage
- Thai massage
- Lymphatic massage
- Rolfing and Hellerwork (deep massage)
- Energetic massage
Massage can improve many conditions, including muscle spasm and pain, pain from injuries, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction, chronic headaches, structural alignment problems, accumulated toxicity, lowered immunity and limited range of motion.
- Calms the nervous system by relaxing muscle contraction
- Improves bodily functions and mobility
- Increases lymph circulation to flush wastes from tissues while reducing tissue inflammation
- Reduces pain by relieving tissue impingement on nerves
- Increases blood flow through the tissues
- Enhances mucous drainage from the sinuses
- Breaks up scar tissue due to injuries and inactivity
- Improves organ function
- Slows/reverses aging
At the Natural Horizons massage therapy center, we treat patients of all ages. While everyone can benefit from therapeutic massage, people who are subjected to a lot of physical or emotional stress, those who want to slow aging, and people who desire to achieve optimal wellness should schedule massages on a regular basis.